Things to Remember
Self care is all about moderation, balance, and flexibility.
- Nourish your body throughout the day and don’t skip meals.
- Eat a variety of foods and aim for a balanced diet over the month.
- Slowly increase your physical activity level.
- Use exercise as a way to help deal with stress.
- Spend time with family and friends.
- Make time for pleasurable and meaningful activities.
- Practice relaxation.
- Use a mindfulness exercise.
- Try sleep promoting strategies.
- Put energy and focus into healthy behaviours.
You don’t have to make big changes to improve your wellness and help you manage your anxiety. The good news about practising self-care is that every little bit counts!