Facilitator – MindShift™ CBT Groups
Two Contract Positions: Facilitator - MindShift™ CBT Groups
Anxiety Canada is recruiting two MindShift CBT Groups (Groups) Facilitators to provide participants with the tools and knowledge to manage their mild to moderate anxiety through the delivery of Groups curriculum using the MindShift™ CBT App.
Groups is a national treatment program for Canadians with mild-to-moderate anxiety. Facilitated by a skilled counsellor with a strong Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) background, Groups are available for young adults (18 – 24) and adults (25+) through an online learning platform. Groups will utilize MindShift CBT in eight 1.5-hour-long sessions. Using MindShift™ CBT provides participants with a tool to build on and practice anxiety management skills well after they have completed Groups.
The position offers a rare opportunity to get clinical treatment experience working with young adult/adult anxious populations, deepening/further development in running treatment groups and developing further competence in CBT.
Each position (one for young adults and the other for adults) is a one-year contract up to 200 hours for four cohorts starting September 15th. Training in MindShift CBT Groups will be provided by Anxiety Canada.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates delivery of Groups curriculum in an online group setting focusing on structured components of MindShift CBT like Healthy Thinking, Chill Zone and Taking Action in a warm and friendly environment.
- Maintains attendance records and provides participants with weekly post-session resources and homework.
- Supports participants with individual referrals and appropriate resources as necessary.
- Provides feedback on post-treatment assessment to participants.
- Provides a periodic review of the curriculum and resources available to enhance the program.
- Ensure the safety of participants by following MindShift CBT Groups standards/ policies/ procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- An anxiety disorder expert with a minimum of a master’s degree in psychology or related discipline i.e. a registered psychologists (R.Psych), registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), and/or Social Worker (MSW), and/or a qualified professional working in the mental health profession with professional liability insurance coverage and able to provide services across Canadian jurisdictions.
- Received formal training, additional to what is taught in the graduate program, in CBT (e.g. Beck Institute, APT, CACBT).
- Specific clinical competency in the treatment protocols of the different anxiety disorders
- Have a minimum of 45 hours of supervised experience in facilitating treatment groups.
- Experience leading psychoeducation and online groups.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to facilitate and/or co-facilitate online group counselling from a structured manual.
- Comfortable with using leading video conference technologies e.g. Zoom
- Ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Bilingual in French and English would be advantageous but not required.
Closing Date: August 24th – submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]