Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please read through our frequently asked questions before filling out the form below.
Where are you located?
Currently, our team works remotely across Canada.
Need to mail something to us? Our current mailing address is as follows:
400-601 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4C2
I need technical help with Anxiety Canada services. I am having trouble accessing:
- MindShift™ CBT app – If you experience technical difficulties with the MindShift CBT app, please check the MindShift CBT box in the form below and explain the issue.
- My Anxiety Plan (MAP) – If you are having trouble accessing My Anxiety Plans (MAPs), please note the following: We recently updated our site (April 2022), so My Anxiety Plan users enrolled before site updates may need to reset their password or clear their cache to access their account. Please try resetting your password and clearing your cache and cookies. After taking these steps, if you still cannot access your My Anxiety Plan account, please submit the form below and check off the My Anxiety Plan box.
- #OurAnxietyStories Podcast – If you are having trouble accessing or listening to our podcast, please check the box for #OurAnxietyStories below and describe the issue.
- AnxietyCanada.com – If you are having technical difficulties with our website, please check the box for website below and tell us what issue you are experiencing.
For technical difficulty inquiries, we may request a screen capture of what you’re experiencing so we can help troubleshoot.
Can Anxiety Canada provide a speaker for my event?
We regularly receive requests for speakers to participate in events. We do not have the resources to fulfill all the requests we receive. Therefore, if you are requesting a speaker, please note that we consider requests for members of our Youth Network to participate as speakers in mental health events. Please complete the contact form below and we’ll respond within 4 weeks.
Can I use Anxiety Canada resources (videos, PDFs, etc.) on my organization’s website?
Reproduction, distribution, transmission, or publication of any material on this website for commercial purposes, whether in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited without the written consent of Anxiety Canada. Anxiety Canada may grant permission to use its resources for either commercial or non-commercial purposes. Please read our terms and conditions on how to request permission.
Can I have my research featured on your website?
Our Scientific Advisory Committee has formulated guidelines outlining how you can submit a formal request. Please review the guidelines here, then fill out this PDF form and submit via email to [email protected].
If your research study is accepted, you will be charged $50 for the addition of a post on our website and social media channels with information on the study which you provide.
Can I contribute to your website via a guest blog post?
Anxiety Canada regularly receives emails from individuals interested in writing or contributing stories to our website. We thank you for your interest, but we are fortunate to have a talented and committed pool of contributors and are not seeking outside contributors at this time.
Will you feature my organization on your resource page?
Anxiety Canada does not endorse specific products and organizations that are not directly involved in our work. While we thank you for your interest, we do not have the resources or staff capacity to research and respond to requests for endorsements at this time.
While we are a mental health organization with various resources, we do not provide 1:1 counselling support or referrals to psychologists or counsellors.
Do you offer live chat?
Anxiety Canada does not offer live chat/ 1:1 support. We encourage you to visit our website for tools to help you or someone you care about cope with anxiety, including the MindShift CBT app, which includes a peer-to-peer community. Find out more about the MindShift CBT app here.
Questions about our MindShift CBT Groups, our group therapy program? Check out the MindShift CBT Groups page and its frequently asked questions section.
Can you provide counselling or recommendations to psychologists or counsellors?
We do not offer referrals to psychologists or counsellors. However, if you are an adult 19+ seeking group therapy, please see the MindShift Program. MindShift CBT Groups are offered throughout the year on a first come first serve basis.
I need help with a mental health crisis. Where can I find resources for myself or someone I know having severe anxiety or suicide-related concerns?
Here are some options for those dealing with a mental health crisis across Canada:
- Call or text the Canada Suicide Prevention Helpline. 1-833-456-4566 (24/7) & 1-866-277-3553 in Quebec (24/7) Text to 45645 (4 p.m. – Midnight ET). Text messaging rates apply. French text support is currently unavailable.
- Kids Help Phone can also support you. Call 1-800-668-6868 (24/7) Text CONNECT to 686868. Live Chat (7 p.m. to midnight ET) kidshelpphone.ca
How do I submit feedback for #OurAnxietyStories?
Please fill out our survey to give feedback on our podcast.
I’m having trouble accessing the #OurAnxietyStories Podcast
Find our podcast by typing #OurAnxietyStories on your favourite podcasting platform.
If you are having trouble accessing or listening to our podcast, please check the box for #OurAnxietyStories in the below form and tell us what issue you are experiencing.
How do I participate in #OurAnxietyStories?
If you’d like to be a guest on our #OurAnxietyStories podcast, please fill out this form and tell us your story and/or why you’re a great candidate. We look forward to hearing from you.
From Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm PT, an Anxiety Canada Communications representative is available to members of the media to:
- respond to media inquiries
- set up interviews
- offer story ideas about anxiety and anxiety disorders to members of the media
While we make every effort to respond to last minute requests, we generally expect a minimum 48 hours notice; preferably 72 hours, to book interviews with:
- our CEO, Judith Law;
- our subject matter experts;
- or members of our Youth Network.
To request and interview, please check the box for Media Inquiries and complete form below. Emails received during regular business hours are returned promptly. Emails that come in evenings or on weekends are returned the next business day.
Please specify your concern in the form below if your question was not captured and addressed in our FAQ.
Thank you for your interest in reaching out to Anxiety Canada.
Other General Inquiries
Please see the FAQ above or check General in the form below.