Recognizing that effective youth engagement leads to positive outcomes, Anxiety Canada’s Youth Network aims to raise awareness and start conversations about anxiety and anxiety management among youth through an association of peers who make up the Youth Network. This initiative is lead by the Youth Committee, a dedicated group of volunteers whose lives have been touched by anxiety either through personal experiences or that of a friend or family member.
What is an Anxiety Canada Youth Ambassador?
Our Ambassadors advocate and educate their peers about anxiety and lived experience with anxiety or anxiety disorders by:
- raising awareness about resources provided by Anxiety Canada;
- taking part in Anxiety Canada media campaigns; and
- helping to de-stigmatize mental illness in their communities.
Our Ambassadors also support fundraising efforts of the organization.
Ambassadors from each province and territory form a collaborative Youth Network.
We are looking for post-secondary students, however, we understand that not everyone is able to fit this scenario. We encourage applications from any volunteers that meet the requirements below who are able to give back to their local community.
- Fluent in English;
- Between the ages of 16-30;
- Passionate about mental health;
- Able to commit a minimum of 2 hours per week; and
- Interested in community engagement?
Why Become an Ambassador?
- By becoming an Ambassador you will have a positive impact on your community.
- You receive access to training webinars created by Anxiety Canada which enhance your understanding of anxiety, and of our organization.
- As members of the Youth Network, Ambassadors also have the opportunity to take on leadership roles to refine your leadership skills.
- You refine team work and collaboration skills through participating with peers.
After more than a year as an Ambassador, you’re also welcome to request a reference letter.
Please note the Youth Network Ambassador application period is now closed. We thank you for interest in becoming a Youth Network Ambassador, and invite you to follow Anxiety Canada is social media.