Things to Remember
Self care is all about moderation, balance, and flexibility.
There will be some days when life gets in the way of our good intentions and plans.
That’s okay. Try to take a long-term perspective and think about what you are doing over the week or month. Start with planning small changes that will be easier to try out and keep going.
- Nourish your body throughout the day and don’t skip meals.
- Eat a variety of foods and aim for a balanced diet over the month.
- Slowly increase your physical activity level.
- Use exercise as a way to help deal with stress.
- Spend time with family and friends.
- Make time for pleasurable and meaningful activities.
- Practice relaxation.
- Use a mindfulness exercise.
- Try sleep promoting strategies.
- Put energy and focus into healthy behaviours.
You don’t have to make big changes to improve your wellness and help you manage your anxiety. The good news about practising self-care is that every little bit counts!