At Anxiety Canada, a non-profit mental health organization, we design, develop and promote evidence-based anxiety resources and tools that millions of people use.
As our technology lead, you will be responsible for research, development, maintenance and improvement of Anxiety Canada’s digital tools, such as the MindShift CBT app. You will also be the lead technical support for our projects and programs that interface with technology.
Anxiety Canada’s work environment is exciting, fast faced, and collaborative. We take pride in being a nimble and results oriented organization that is a great fit for someone who is resourceful, organized, and has an inherent passion for technology. This position is ideal for an individual who has strong business acumen combined with a background in web/mobile design.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (40%)
- Oversee, prioritize, and coordinate updates to the MindShift app and the Anxiety Canada website, including change requests, new features, and localization
- Perform market research in the mental health technology space. Identify key needs, perform gap analysis, assess new ideas / innovations, determine market opportunity and participate in prioritization of initiatives
- Stay up to date on all relevant trends and announcements – new OS versions, device releases, and industry-related updates, and other mobile marketing trends and innovations
TECH SUPPORT (30%)
- Research, configure, and troubleshoot new and existing software to be used for projects/programs, events, and organizational processes
- Effectively coordinate and communicate new feature and functionality release schedules to internal stakeholders and users of the MindShift app as required
- Create overall technology standards and best practices related to digital resources security
- Periodically generate app and web analytics reports
- Analyze and present hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Research and provide suggestions for updates to the existing reporting methodology and investigate options for analytics software
- Define and be responsible for KPIs for measuring success of MindShift CBT and related projects
USER TESTING AND FEEDBACK (10%)
- Create and implement user testing strategies for digital resources and generate actionable feedback, which may include online surveys and live focus groups.
- Respond to all internal and external digital resources related queries. Strategically compile and escalate feedback
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or software engineering, or combined Business Degree with UX/Design
- Understanding of both the development and operational dimensions of delivering a cloud solution to market
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience delivering exceptional user experiences, including prototyping, formal user testing and evaluating the performance of the user interface
- Experience working with visual and interaction design disciplines, web, and mobile development technologies
- Proven ability to understand the user, discern their use patterns, and contribute to evolution of a mobile product that meets users’ needs
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of information security principles and processes, agile software development life cycle
Desired Personal Attributes
- Comes with an open and flexible mind
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done
- Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about all things mobile and web
- Empathetic and committed to team collaboration
- Reliable personality and pays attention to details
Please apply with your cover letter and resume to [email protected] using the subject line: Job Posting. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is Oct.31, 2019. Thanks for your interest.