Did you know that one in six men will experience anxiety in their lifetime, but men still have half the reported rate of anxiety disorders as women?
Talking about anxiety can be hard, and taking the first step in doing so can be a difficult task for some, so we’ve asked a few of our friends to help out. Our friends have shared their stories with us, and we’re pleased to share them with you. We hope that these videos will inspire others to open up and talk. We encourage you to share their stories – and if just one person is inspired to open up and talk about their mental health, we’ve done our job.
Special thanks to our friends for sharing their stories with us!
Chef Bruno Feldeisen
Executive Chef and The Great Canadian Baking Show’s Chef Bruno Feldeisen talks about his experience with his first panic attack and how CBT changed his life.
Chef Bruno Feldeisen parle de l’anxiété
Founder and owner of Cory Weeds’ Cellar Jazz Club in Vancouver and one of Canada’s most important Jazz impresarios, Cory Weeds shares his story with Anxiety Canada.
Anxiety Canada Board President and Principal of StevensVirgin Law Corporation in Vancouver talks about his undiagnosed General Anxiety Disorder and how Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) helped.
Additional Men’s Mental Health Resources
- Anxiety Canada My Anxiety Plan (MAP) – https://maps.anxietycanada.com/
- Don’t Change Much – http://dontchangemuch.ca/
- Government of Canada – https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/healthy-living/just-for-you/men.html
- HeadsUpGuys – https://headsupguys.org/about-us/
- Men’s Health Foundation – https://menshealthfoundation.ca/
- Movember Foundation – https://ca.movember.com/mens-health/mental-health
- UBC Men’s Health Research – http://menshealthresearch.ubc.ca/