June 10, 2024, will be the 4th annual Action Anxiety Day!
What is Action Anxiety Day?
We founded Action Anxiety Day (AAD) as a national awareness and education day to educate Canadians about anxiety, reduces stigma, creates awareness of our evidence-based resources, and raise money to support our free programs.
Every year on June 10th, we ask Canadians to join the movement by getting loud about anxiety and participating in spreading anxiety awareness and education.
AAD helps us raise awareness, dispel common anxiety myths, and underscore the importance of prioritizing mental health in our society.
One of our hashtags for AAD is #ACTonAnxiety. What does it mean to ACT?
Awareness – Raise awareness of anxiety and our trusted, evidence-based resources.
Colours – Wear blue and orange on June 10 to show support!
Talking – Tell your anxiety stories and encourages others to share. Let’s break the stigma together!
Your gift will support improving the mental health of those struggling with anxiety.
Start a campaign for those who are affected by anxiety and anxiety-related disorders.
Get your school involved
Learn about anxiety and how to manage it together: Download the educator’s toolkit!
Ways to show support:
Leading up to Action Anxiety Day:
• Organize a local fundraiser or join our fundraising challenge.
• Educational Professionals can download our Educator Toolkit to teach children about anxiety and provide them with coping strategies.
On June 10th:
• Show the world you support our annual awareness and education day by signing the Action Anxiety Day Proclamation or wearing blue and orange!
• Get loud about anxiety! Share our educational posts or tell your story on social media with our Social Media Guide. Tag us and use our hashtags: #ActionAnxietyDay #ACTonAnxiety
• Enter our drawing and writing contest (for Grades K-7)! Details coming soon.
• Donate to support our vital anxiety management programs.
We would like to thank our Mental Health Champion, Beneva!
Action Anxiety Day is supported by our generous Mental Health Champion, Beneva, and our Mindful Partners, Telus Wise and Sparkjoy Studios.