Looking for short, insightful videos that dissect the complexities of anxiety in a fun and engaging way? You’ve come to the right place! Our short-form video series, starring our in-house Registered Clinical Counsellor and Educator Mark Antczak, is designed to educate you on anxiety in a way that fits seamlessly into your day-to-day scrolling.
See videos on a range of topics, like following a day in the life of someone with an anxiety disorder or how to manage perfectionism, and learn the answer to questions like:
- What is the difference between anxiety and an anxiety disorder?
- How can I support a loved one with anxiety?
- What is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)?
Remember: TikTok isn’t therapy. Our tips are here to guide you in your mental health journey, but this content isn’t a substitute for professional help. If you’re struggling with anxiety or other mental health challenges, please reach out to a qualified mental healthcare professional.
Meet Mark Antczak
Mark Antczak is a Registered Clinical Counsellor who is passionate about the treatment and education of anxiety disorders through the use of evidence based theories and tools. When he’s not serving the community through private practice, Mark dedicates his time to creating educational programs that support those who lack access to professional help. In his spare time, Mark likes to bake anything with browned butter, play curling with friends, and spoil his dog, Maslow.
If you’re looking for more in-depth resources on anxiety and other mental health challenges, check out:
- HeretoHelp BC: a website to find quality mental health and substance use information, learn new skills, and connect with key resources in BC.
- MindShift® CBT: a free app, available in English and French on IOS and Android. It uses scientifically proven strategies based on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) to help you learn to relax and be mindful, develop more effective ways of thinking, and use active steps to take charge of your anxiety.
- #OurAnxietyStories: a podcast where you can learn more about anxiety and hear people from all walks of life share their experiences.
- MAPs: a self-paced anxiety management course based on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), an evidence-based psychological treatment. Our online MAPs for Children and Teens, Adults, and Educators are easy to navigate and helpful for those with mild to moderate anxiety.
- Downloadable PDF Resources: helpful “how to” guides for caregivers, parents and educators.
Anxiety Canada is proud to be affiliated with HeretoHelp, a project of the BC Partners for Mental Health and Substance Use Information. The BC Partners are funded by the Provincial Health Services Authority.