Getting a good night’s sleep can improve your mental well-being and help you to better manage your anxiety.
Sleep problems can be the result of various conditions or medical problems. Therefore, it is important to discuss your sleep problems with your doctor.
Learn more about strategies to improve your sleep, including:
– Creating a comfortable sleep environment
– How to relax
– The benefit of having a snack before bed
– Getting physical
– Setting a bedtime routine
– Establishing a fixed wake time
– Sleeping only when sleepy
– Getting out of bed if you can’t fall asleep after 20 to 30 minutes
– Challenging sleep worry that makes it even harder to sleep
– Avoiding caffeine
– Avoiding alcohol
– No smoking before bed
– Skipping naps
– Natural light
This PDF also covers that the keys to success include starting small, consistency, patience, and charting your progress to combat sleep anxiety and become a better sleeper.