This event has passed. Thank you to all who donated to our November campaign and supported mental health help in Canada.
This November, we want to show Anxiety Canada supporters our gratitude.
At Anxiety Canada, we want to share our gratitude for all our supporters. Your generous donations help us reduce the barrier of anxiety for over two million people each year. Since 1999, we’ve worked to provide anxiety relief and accessible anxiety management tools to those impacted by anxiety or anxiety disorders, and you’ve helped make that possible.
Giving Back to Our Community
As the weather changes and we start cozying up inside more often, prioritizing emotional wellness and mental health is important. With a focus on wellness, we want to give back to you. Local businesses donated amazing swag to help us spread the love and thank our Anxiety Canada community. As a thank you to donors, your November donations give you a chance to WIN restorative wellness prizes.
That’s right: when you donate to Anxiety Canada in November, you’ll be entered to win some fantastic prizes from Saje Natural Wellness, RVN Wellness, and more. Read on to see the prize breakdown and learn about our other exciting November donor perk.
You’re Invited: Yoga for Anxiety
In addition to our November wellness prize packages, we’re inviting our donors to an exclusive wellness and yoga event facilitated by RVN Wellness.
Where: Virtually on Zoom
When: November 27th, 2022, 7 pm PST
Who: Hosted by RVN Wellness and Anxiety Canada
RVSP: By donation; a minimum of $30.
The relaxing, internally reflective yoga event is for EVERYbody. The class is open to yoga beginners and will not be a high-impact sweat session. You can go at your own pace and will not be required to turn your camera on if you do not wish to.
To receive access to our Yoga for Anxiety Event with RVN Wellness on November 27th, please donate $30 or more. We hope you’ll join us for an internally reflective, relaxing yoga-for-anxiety session.
Exercise, including yoga, is good for your psychological health. Getting the heart pumping, even it’s a low-impact workout, means that your body will release endorphins, the ‘feel-good’ brain chemical. So, when you get moving, you conjure up endorphins and set the stage for a more positive day. Exercise also helps:
- reduces stress and builds confidence as you accomplish even minor fitness goals.
- lead to better, deeper sleep; proper sleep is essential to managing anxiety (especially yoga and low-impact workouts you can do right before bedtime).
- increase blood flow and oxygen to the brain, increasing brain functioning and our ability to learn.
You deserve a break—from work, stress, and even that true crime drama that you’re watching to avoid anxiety but is actually kinda giving you anxiety… Practicing yoga is a healthy way to take a break and cope with stress by de-cluttering your mind.
Yoga is increasingly becoming a common complementary therapy people use to cope with stress. Many also find that yoga promotes wellness in their lives, helps them connect with others, and upgrades their self-care routines. Studies show that exploring relaxation techniques like deep breathing, meditation, and yoga help to lower breathing and heart rate, decrease blood pressure, lower cortisol (the stress hormone) levels, and increases blood flow.
“Yoga treats stress by creating a greater sense of well-being, increasing feelings of relaxation, improving self-confidence and body image, improving efficiency, improving interpersonal relationships, increasing attentiveness, lowering irritability, and encouraging an optimistic outlook on life.” – Catherine Woodyard
Yoga can be a great practice to pair with other anxiety coping tools. Come relax, stretch your limbs, slow your breath, and focus on the present moment with Anxiety Canada and RVN Wellness.
RVN Wellness Yoga is located at 2506 St. John’s St., in Port Moody, BC, Canada.
It is an inclusive and accessible wellness space offering Yoga & Counselling; Grounded in ahimsa
November Wellness Giveaway
Donate in the month of November and be entered to win the following prizes.
How to Enter
- Visit https://www.anxietycanada.com/donate/ (or scroll to the bottom of this article) during the contest period.
- Fill out the donation form and payment details.
- Check the box “Yes, please enter me to win wellness prizes (valued at over $1000). Checking this box confirms I have read the contest rules.”
NO purchase is necessary to enter or win. The Contest is only open to Canadian residents in AB, BC, MB, NB, NFLD, NWT, NS, ONT, PEI, SK, and Yukon.
See the full Contest Rules here.
Prizes for our November Giveaway
Grand Prize (Total Value $556)
- One Unlimited monthly pass to RVN Wellness Yoga ($128 Value)
- One Yoga Mat from Supported Soul ($118 Value)
- Gift Certificate to Warby Parker ($150 Value)
- Aroma Nook Diffuser and Liquid Sunshine Diffuser Blend from Saje Natural Wellness ($96 Value)
- Adult Colouring Book and Tote Bag from Book Warehouse ($25 Value)
- Anxiety Release Roll-On Mesh Ball, Tea Infuser, and Inner Peace Tea from Gaia Garden ($39 Value)
Runner-up Prize (Total Value $321)
Vancouver Local Prizes – Only eligible to win if you are located in Greater Vancouver
- If you live in the Greater Vancouver area, you could win 1 of 2 Skoah Power Facials at Skoah West Broadway Location ($95 Value x2)
Thank you to the generous businesses contributing to our Wellness Giveaway:
- RVN Wellness
- Supported Soul
- Saje Natural Wellness
- Warby Parker
- Book Warehouse
- Purdy’s Chocolatier
- O’Five Rare Tea & Kombucha Bar
- Gaia Garden: Herbal Dispensary
- and Bruno Feldeisen/Whitecap Books Ltd.